How to choose a Painting Contractor
Painting is a skill that requires considerable expertise and experience. To achieve the best results on your home, it's important to choose a reputable painting contractor - someone familiar with the best products needed for your home or office and with the appropriate tools to do the job right. Here are some tips to help you hire the right contractor.
- Specifying the work
- Checking references and licensing
- Getting quotes
- Signing a contract
Why hire a reputable painting contractor?
Many of the tasks involved in preparation and painting, such as working on ladders and using solvents and other chemicals, can be hazardous. When preparing a previously painted surface, these materials can cause serious health problems. Experienced painters understand the appropriate steps needed to avoid these hazards, including how to properly prepare surfaces.
They are familiar with the appropriate paints and tools, as well as how to use them effectively to ensure a qualify finish. Reputable painters also know how to handle and properly dispose of hazardous waste.
A word about paint quality
Thre are numerous choices when it comest to paint, but not all paints are created equal. A Premium paint offers a smoother, more uniform appearance, as well as better coverage, than an economy paint. Although a premium paint may cost more, it maintains its durability longer so your home doesn't require frequent repainting. Make sure you know exactly what type and brand of paint is specified in the contract and make certain those products are actually used.
Young's Painting Co. Services
- Painting service : residential, commercial, industrial, interior and exterior
- Coatings : Acrylic, latex, oil, urethane, lacquer, epoxy, conversion varnish
- Brush, spray, and roll
- Stains : water and oil base options
- Cabinet finishing and refinishing
- Wood restoration
- Deck and Fence Refinishing
- Pressure washing and cleaning
- Wallpaper : removal and application
- Concrete coatings
- Drywall : patches and repairs
- Scaffolding, boom lifts and falls
- Graffiti removal
- Eco-friendly products
- Color consultation
- Custom color matching
- Decorative finishes and glazes
- Window cleaning
More Services >>